Former Pakistan cricketer Imran Khan’s party Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf is ahead in 114 seats while its main rival, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), is leading in 67 seats. If you believe in trends, then anyone will not get a magical figure of 172 to form a government and the situation of a hung parliament will be created. Imran Khan’s journey for the post of Prime Minister was a fluctuation. Imran is a famous cricketer in his early days and now there is a man who is a religious conservative, fighting against corruption.
Eight things about Imran Khan
1.Imran Khan, Shaukat Khanam and Ikramullah Khan Niazi, who was born on November 25, 1952. Imran played for the Pakistan Cricket team from 1971-1992 and between 1982 and 1992 he was also the captain of the Pakistan Cricket team. After the 1987 Cricket World Cup, Imran had retired but in 1988 he was included in the team again. In the captaincy of Khan, Pakistan won the World Cup.
2. In April 1996, Khan formed the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf political party and became its president, of which he became the only member elected to the parliament. He represented Mianwali from November 2002 to October 2007 as a member of the National Assembly.
3. Imran Khan is called opposition Taliban Khan because he is promising Islamic Welfare State. It is being said that his party is supported by the US declared terrorists who are involved with Al Qaeda. They sympathize with the Taliban and call them Pashtoon leaders.
4. Imran Khan took a tough stand against the United States. He strongly condemned the drone attacks on Pak. He has been fighting against foreign aid.
5. By accusing the rigors in the 2013 elections, he led the campaign for 126 consecutive days in Islamabad in 2014. Then he accused the Army of helping the PML in the 2013 elections. Khan continues to accuse the international organizations of helping India to reduce the Chinese influence.
6. Former personal cricketer Imran Khan’s personal life is also full of controversies. Imran Khan’s first marriage was to Jemima, the daughter of a billionaire Briton who lasted almost nine years. Imam has two sons from Jemima.
7. Imran’s second marriage came in 2015 with a TV anchor, Rehman Khan, which could last for only 10 months. There was a lot of controversy about this marriage. Rehman Khan is writing a book in which several illegal relationships and sons of Imran have been claimed.
8. In a recent interview, Imran Khan has said that he made some mistakes in his life, but the second marriage was the biggest mistake. His opponents claim that to convert this mistake into political benefits, Imran Khan married his spiritual advisor Bushra Maneca in February.